- Some people stop here to ogle my decks (tarot porn for the win).
- Some people stop here because they like to read about tarot, and I hope I offer some twists to the cards. (This is one of my main reasons for reading tarot related blogs.)
- Some people are literary voyeurs (I know I am one) and like to read about the happenings of other people's lives.
- Some people appreciate my reviews (I love all reviews; helps decide where to spend my hard won pennies).
I am going to keep providing all those things, and maybe some new ones, but I am not going to censor myself anymore, because censure feels unnatural to me. I will lose some readers, but hopefully gain more that want to be here.
So here is what is going on in my world (I want you all to know that I love my life! I am the happiest I have ever been and I have pretty much everything I have ever wanted. I am living my happily ever after, but it turns out you don't write The End and then go on smiling and kissing while butterflies flit about your heads. You live the damn thing!)-
- Baby mama drama the likes of which I have never experienced (and I pray to Goddess never caused). My poor husband, my poor stepsons. It's really, really bad, and occupies a lot of my thoughts.
- Sickness in the family. My kids' stepmom is expecting a baby brother for them in September, and she is battling Hodgkins lymphoma herself. This stresses my kids out and also occupies a lot of my thoughts.
- Sickness on the home front. I need surgery on this herniated disc because apparently spewing spinal fluid all over my insides is all the rage in my fifth lumbar. Let the good times roll. The Man's entire digestive system is exacting revenge for all the years of cheeseburgers and day old chicken he forced upon it before he became vegetarian by proxy (by marrying me). We sleep four solid hours on a good night, the rest, if we get it, broken up.
- Teenager drama. We have four of them, and the Baby Girl is 10 going on 19 so she may as well be one. Lord grant me serenity, and all that, because I need it.
- BFF drama. My best friend punched me in the face last summer. I almost died off shock, but it makes me laugh to even write that sentence today. Surreal! Somehow I managed to make it all the way through childhood and adolescence without some girl ever pulling my hair and calling me names, but in my mid 30s the person I love best in the world did it. It was like every episode of Bad Girls Club brought home to Colorado and I am not sure we are recovered yet.
- This damn economy. Turns out a herniated disc that progressively requires more and more medication to manage the pain of kinda ruins working conditions, so I have not been working a lot. On top of which, getting a tarot reading is not at the top of people's lists of Needs when gas is so dear and groceries go up day by day. Add to that, The Man's company gave him a "promotion" that required a transfer to a much further location, thusly costing more time and expense to get to, and sneakily cut his pay by about a third. Then they gave us new, crappier insurance, which we pay more for, so cut our benefits. Bastards.
I pulled a few cards from the Egyptian Oracle Cards to describe my new found freedom. They practically sang to me.
|Egyptian Oracle by Lo Scarabeo- King of Diamonds, Five of Spades, Ten of Hearts|
The stern man in the first card speaks of business, trade and alliances. The book enthusiastically intones, "If you have learned the value of honesty and of giving you have nothing to fear from this man." I can say with no trepidation that I have nothing to fear from him, and he is here to give a nod of approval to my course.
The second card is Death, and in the card I see a new rising from letting go of what is no longer working for me. It's hard to let go, but it's easier when we can get excited about what comes next for us, and I am!
The final card shows a dancer reveling in her freedom. Again, from the book, "Purposes must be clear and simple; the capacity to adapt oneself will keep setbacks, defeats and strife at bay." My purpose has cleared up, and I am all for keeping those things at bay.
Thanks for sticking with me folks! Much love to all of you!
These cards are from Egyptian Oracle Cards by Pierluca Zizzi and Severino Baraldi, publsihed by Lo Scarabeo.