Sunday, February 22, 2009

Daily Draw - Three Of Cups


My card for the day is the Three of Cups, which I drew last month using my Deviant Moon deck. That time, I had a distinctly different impression than the one I am getting today. Today, I look at the three women dancing around the cup, and I reminded to just celebrate the simple joy of living and being alive. I have blessings beyond number, and at the very top of the list is that I get to be a mom to three of the most amazing individuals I have ever known. We have a wonderful, cozy little townhouse all to ourselves, and we live in one of the most beautiful places on earth. The mountains rise in the west in all their majesty, and we are so privileged to be able to partake of their beauty any time we feel. We eat well, we laugh a lot, we read good books, we share inside jokes, and we love each other so much that it is almost disgusting. And really, that is what life is all about, right?

I also received this card as part of a three card draw I did today, in which I asked, "What is the most productive thing I can do for my relationship with S right now?" I was given - the Five of Swords, the Three of Cups, and the Four of Pentacles. I should walk away, not in defeat, but in joy and gratitude for all the ways I have to be happy for my life, and I should manage my finances well so that I can be prepared for whatever may come next, as well as work on making my home really and truly more mine. I have strength of convictions, and some things I KNOW to be true, but now is not the time to try to force anything into being.

I was asked to go into work today, which was not out of line because I am not officially on vacation until tomorrow, but I have been fighting flu like symptoms and my kiddos are not doing the greatest, either. When I was asked, I quickly shuffled and asked (in my head), "Will going to work today be a productive thing for me to do?" And guess who popped up - the Eight of Cups, the card that originally helped me decide a break from work was exactly what was needed to help me get to a better place. Sometimes the tarot really makes me laugh! Needless to say, I did not do it. I need to rest, relax, get better, help my munchkins get better, and generally just not be there right now.

So, here I go, off towards that big, bright moon, cup raised in a toast, and eagerly looking forward to what comes next!







Images from the Pictorial Key Tarot by Davide Corsi for Lo Scarabeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment