Sunday, May 3, 2009

Daily Draw - Knight of Cups



Today, I drew the Knight of Cups, and as is my wont when drawing court cards, usually, I also drew a clarifier, the Two of Cups.

Whoa, baby!

I see the Knight as the most intense expression of a suit, in this case, probably about love, as it is the Knight of Cups, which is reinforced with the Two of Cups drawn when I asked for more information.

Why is it we can sometimes be so scared to possibly get that which we most desire?

The twin dragons in the Two of Cups bring to mind my favorite series of books, A Song of Fire and Ice by George R.R. Martin. There are dragons in the books, and these two could certainly represent fire and ice, the duality of the twos, the harmonic convergence of two seeming opposites, which brought to mind a poem by Robert Frost -

Some say the world will end in fire;
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To know that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.



Update: As I was shuffling randomly, for no good reason, but only because I like to have something to do with my hands, I was thinking about what these two cards could mean today, when I got a clear and most distinct jumper (a card that JUMPS out of the deck, begging to be read) - The Lovers. I am so perplexed...






Update #2: Well, I did not meet the love of my life today, at least I don't think I did, but a very attractive man with skin like mahogany said, "hey sexy" to me on the street as I walked to the Tarot Geeks Meet Up. I did not stop to talk to him, but I am not yet enlightened enough to not take some small, secret pleasure in that.




These cards are from the Rumi Tarot by Nigel Jackson for Llewellyn.

No comments:

Post a Comment