Monday, March 21, 2011

Monday Majors- Theme for the Week: The Moon

Interestingly, to me at least, I have not drawn The Moon for blogging in all this time, which is not to say that I have not drawn The Moon at all.  The Moon and me, we have a great relationship.  I ask questions, and she teases me with shadows of thoughts and whispers that almost make sense, and then I have to chase them down the fairy trail, eager for more, silvery tendrils caressing my face.

I love The Moon.  I think she is beautiful, and I love to bask in her light.  I am not sure the artist of this card loved her as much as I do, though.  The tattered wings of the angel don't seem to be good for much, just a painful reminder of what was, and is no more.  The colors of the card are discordant to me, jarring even.  The wolf on the right and the dog on the left are scruffy, mangy, not seeming to care for themselves as such noble animals usually do.  The valley of shadow the angel is about to pass through seems to be made up of wayward spirits and lost souls.  No help comes from the distant towers, which look on, cold and unfeeling.

I may have some dark places to walk through this week, not inherently evil, but dark nonetheless.  I will have to lean on my own intuition, and I will have to walk through, because my wings are useless, for the moment.  I am filled with fear, but I know the Lord of Light can restore all that has been lost, if only I am brave and true enough to follow where He leads.  The Moon appears to teach us to trust in our deepest knowing, to cause us to stretch and grow, to strengthen our vision in the weaker light of the reflected sun.  I kneel, and I pray, and I remember, "To thine own self be true." and "I will never leave you nor forsake you."






Update: March 28, 2011- The Moon has chosen to manifest itself in my life in interesting ways this week.  I have had several incidents of deeply claircognizant experiences, which my logical mind wants to talk me out of.  Sometimes, I just know things, and there is a feeling of calm over my entire body when that is happening, and what I pay attention to in order to learn to trust.  Sometimes it happens when I am reading for people, but it often just comes unbidden, and I am learning to trust that feeling, because when I follow it in my own life, I always do better, and when I follow it in reading for others, those readings are better.  I'm not gonna lie, though, it's scary as hell...

This card is from the Templar Tarot by Allen Chester, available here.

No comments:

Post a Comment