Friday, February 24, 2012

Daily Draw- Emperor, Sun, Hermit

Tarot of the Mystic Spiral- Emperor, Sun, Hermit

 This morning I am looking forward to have all five of the kidtauplets at home, for some of the weekend at least.  The older they get the more they have to do that is not at home, so I relish the times they are here.  My question today is, "How can I best take advantage of this time with the kiddos this weekend?"

The Emperor is here to show that boundaries are needed, and I am reminded that kids think they don't like rules, but secretly they crave them.  Ours have a lot of different ones to remember, too, owing simply to the fact they spend time at our houses, the other parents house, and a few sets of grandparents, too, not to mention they attend five different schools.  That is a lot for any kid to take in.  Our rules are basically 1. Be Kind To One Another (the hardest to enforce) and if you want to leave the house we know the 5 W's, and occasionally the H (Who you are going with, Where you are going, Why you are going, What you will be doing, When you will leave and be home, and How do you expect this all to happen?)  Sounds simple, but it's not always, and while we do not have a lot of rules, it looks like the kids are going to need to be real clear about what the expectations are.  The idea of the Emperor as the boundary setter with the Hermit as the loner book casing the reading makes me think that it's important to empower the kiddos to take time outs and just chill out alone as they may need.

The Sun card is the center of this reading of Major Arcana, and I think the most important piece is going to be maintaining a bright and cheerful attitude.  It is my belief that the mother sets the tone of the home, that the children react to her moods and follow her lead in their own interactions.  The power of a positive mom should never be overlooked.

The Hermit rounds out the reading, reminding me that while the kids might need their separate time, so do I.  I am going to take that time when I need so that I can be bright, cheerful, and the best mom I can be during the rest of our time together.  The Hermit is also a wise old man, so I can see that there will be wisdom needed at times, although I probably didn't need cards to see that.  The Hermit and The Emperor both remind me of my father in law, and I think he may enjoy seeing his grandkids, so I'll have to talk to The Man about making that happen, too.

Tarot of the Mystic Spiral- Knight of Cups
The Shadow Card for this reading is the Knight of Cups.  This card has usually appeared in my readings to represent one of my 16 year olds.  It may be that he is needing something extra this weekend, so I'll try to be sensitive to his vibe, as he is not the greatest at articulating his emotions, having squashed them down so often.  This Knight is also sometimes dreamy and impractical, so it may be that I need to be aware of the ways I can be dreamy or impractical as it pertains to the children.  Ideally, I would like everyone to get along 100% of the time and just enjoy each other, but this blending a family thing doesn't work quite like that, and even if they had been siblings from birth on they still wouldn't get along all the time.  We can only take things one day at a time.

Bright weekend blessings to all of you!




These cards are from Tarot of the Mystic Spiral by Giovanni Pelosini and Giuseppe Palumbo, published by Lo Scarabeo.

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to learn more about how you see patterns in your readings that relate to your family. I think that's fascinating. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, well I guess it is mostly intuitive, but the court cards are pretty fixed as to who they are when I am reading for myself. I use their personalities, not necessarily their astrological signs. In reading, I also think that a card can be and often is multi-layered, like this Knight of Cups who is both one of my kids and an attitude of mine.

    What made me think of my family instantly in this reading is the castle behind the Emperor, so I thought right away that we were talking about my castle, my home. :-)

    ReplyDelete