Sunday, July 11, 2010

Daily Spread - July 11, 2010



I am a big fan of Thorhammer's Daily Spread - The first card represents what I did well today, the second what I need to leave behind, and the third is what to carry forward.  I like this spread because while I do not dismiss predictive tarot reading, I find it even more valuable to explore the past and present through tarot.

What I did well today- Ten of Cups.  Today I did a really good job of caring for myself, isolating myself from the cares of the world.  This rendition of the card shows a lone figure, as opposed to the happy family image.  This was accurate for me as my chuckleheads are all gone for the week, so it was just me, by myself for the day, and it was a good day.  Church, yoga, beignets, laughter, got a tarot reading, and an afternoon of reading and watching Glee.  It was a very pleasant, very refreshing way to spend Sunday, and I feel revitalized and ready for the week ahead now.

What I need to leave behind from today- Eight of Wands.  I really, really love this card!  It reminds me of the Neverending Story, and the racing snail, which adds an interesting twist to the swift, dynamic movement of the Eight of Wands.  In this card, we can see that sometimes a slow pace suits, and is just what is needed, and sometimes it's time to put that snail into racing mode.  There is no chiding in this card, but tomorrow I need to leave the slow and easy pace of the day and dive into action.  This is probably accurate as I have appointments to attend in the morning, and I fully intend to take some necessary steps toward the new business venture this week.

What to carry forward from to today into tomorrow - The Hierophant.  So, this dude (-ette; the denizens of this deck are mostly female) is kinda creepy.  The Hierophant is a card I often have trouble with, and this one does not look like the comforting God I seek.  The Hierophant corresponds to Taurus, my sun sign, and is often representative of conformity and tradition.  With the energies swirling around me and my moppets, it seems like this is a good time to focus on creating more of what can be seen as traditional family life.  We spend a lot of time together, all four of us, and there is no doubt we are close knit and love each other deeply.  Not all my parenting choices would be other peoples' though, and I think that is just fine, because it works for us, but I am aware that the ex may be gearing up to attempt to change our current custody agreement.  The only change I would consent to is one that offers me more money and more time (time being the more important factor to me) with them.  I have them almost all the time, and I would not have it another way, if I could help it, especially since I have the definite feeling that he is more interested in the money aspect.

I suppose the way the Hierophant relates to this is that when a mediator or officer of the court looks at a parenting situation, they do still look for traditional roles.  In our last custody bout, I was told point blank that his home, where he lives with the woman he cheated with, has two "parents" and the court appreciates that, completely disregarding the fact that my home is stable and loving with just me.

It also reminds me that I do not have to trust him to do the right thing, because he never does, and I do not have to trust the judge on the case, because she is just a human, but I do need to trust in the God(dess) who loves me and my children, and their father, who cares for us all and wants what is best for all of us.





These cards are from the Dream Enchantress Tarot by Marco Nizzoli for lo Scarabeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment