Saturday, April 25, 2009

What Does This Four Want From Me?





I drew the Four of Cups again today, for the third time in a week, the fourth time in a month, so I decided it must have something to tell me that I am missing. I had better do a reading! I was using the Anna K this morning, but I want everyone to continue seeing the beauty of the Tarot of the Cloisters, so I have presented them both.

This was a three card Past, Present, Future, asking, "What do I need to know about the Four of Cups right now?"








Past- The High Priestess: The Anna K version of this card is a woman seated in darkness, studying the phases of the moon. She is turned away from the viewer. She wears somber tones, and she is utterly alone, though that does not always equate to lonely, for me, lately, it has. I have been deep in my studies, for school, of spiritual things, and of myself. I have been on a journey to discover what truly makes me happy, what really matters to me, so I can streamline my life down to those things. Of course, we all have to eat, so sometimes I find myself doing things at work that make me feel deeply the boredom and dissatisfaction of the Four of Cups. That is part of the sacrifice of learning to live authentically, and working towards the money and the dream coming together.






Present - Nine of Cups: I rather like the Anna K version of this! These people are having a party, thoroughly enjoying one another. It looks like I need to work on creating that kind of energy in my life now. The quiet of the High Priestess has passed, and now I am feeling a boredom because it is time to bring some of the raucous energy of that party into my life. The moppets certainly bring a lot of that, and funny, funny, Brother, and I am starting to know people in my new area, so I am hoping to cultivate some friendships and more joy in my life.









Future - Temperance: In the future, it will be necessary to strike a good balance between the serene and the jubilant chaos. Extremes are easy for me; balance is not. The problem I have most with the extremes is that change is also hard for me, with my Taurus sensibilities, so I tend to stay in the extreme for a long while, and I need a card to show up repeatedly to show me it's time to make the change.






These cards are from the Anna K tarot and the Tarot of the Cloisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment