Friday, March 5, 2010

Daily Draw - Ace of Swords, Knight of Cups

Yesterday, I posted a quote to my Facebook that was really causing some thought to be coursing through my head.

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love." ~ Rainer Maria Rilke

The first card I drew today was the Ace of Swords.  In this deck, there has clearly been a misunderstanding.  The raw energy of communication has gone far astray.  The maiden shies away,and to be honest, I am not entirely convinced the beast is the villain here, or that there is one to be seen at all.  The knight is all chivalry and slash-first-ask-questions-later.  As I looked at this card and felt a growing sense of dis-ease, fear that something is about to go horribly wrong, I asked what could diffuse the situation.

The Knight of Cups, carrying his chalice brimming with love to the trio, ready to pour it all out onto them.  Which is exactly what is needed.

What I took from these two cards, for my life today, is that when a snafu in communication comes up, to just let love smooth it over.  Nothing but love, and to remember love is all that is really needed.  It sounds so simple, but so many of the best ideas are simple in theory, which should never be confused with easy in execution.





These images are from the Heart Tarot by Lo Scarabeo.

3 comments:

  1. I love your interpretation here Amanda, and that the Knight cups sallies forth on a quest of love to defuse a siuation that could end up as a total misunderstanding because of misplaced words.

    An interesting deck and one I have not seen before.

    So glad you are posting again, I always find you insights to be most interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh... I love that you use the Heart Tarot! I'm a fan of the Circle of Life Tarot and am seriously thinking about getting this deck. Your interpretation makes so much sense. The older I get, the more heart-centred and 'simple' I become. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, ladies!

    I was thinking this deck was going to be kinda hokey, but it has been a very gentle, deep deck for readings and daily draws. I love the artwork, though I am not a big fan of the red borders.

    Thanks for the sweet words!

    ReplyDelete