Monday, March 29, 2010

Majors Monday - The Emperor

I am going to try a little experiment for the week, by drawing a Major Arcana on Monday as a sort of predictor for what will be upon me for the week.

The Emperor is related to fiery Aries, the Ram, and what a good choice of card to express all that fire energy.  Aries is the first sign of the zodiac, and the sun happens to currently be in his sign.

I generally have many issues with this card, and that can be related to my father issues growing up (lack of one) and my trust issues with a masculine God figure (we're working on them).

For me to see this card today reminds me that I need to be a leader myself in my own home, but to tread the line carefully so as not to become a dictator.  It reminds me to be energetic and dynamic, but not to bowl people over with my enthusiasm.  It reminds me to own my own power, but to remember that every time we assert one of our "rights" we are likely stepping on the rights of someone else.





This Emperor comes from the Tarot of the Sidhe by Emily Carding, available from Adam McLean in a limited edition.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Manda,

    Love your blog:) For me, the Emperor is the ultimate father archetype. He reminds me of my father issues as well. He also reminds me of what I did not get from my own mother.

    The Emperor depicts authority and power over the tangible, physical plane of existence. He regulates the world and provides a system of laws that all men are expected to abide by. He is the leader, both trustworthy and rational. The Emporer projects his wisdom onto man expecting him to behave in a manner that incorporates control and restraint.

    Best,

    Carolyn
    Tarot Reader and Webmaster of http://tarotreadingpsychic.com

    ReplyDelete