Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Daily Draw - The Hanged Man

The Hanged Man.  This is another card that to me signifies waiting around, and not necessarily enjoying the wait.  Lots of deck creators and tarot authors try to put a more positive spin on this card, calling it a divine sacrifice, or making the choice to retreat into oneself for quiet contemplation.  That does not entirely jive with me, because while that might all be true, I would still never willingly put myself into this position.

Of course, that may be why I seem to have so many Tower moments.

So, the Hanged Man is here today to tell me that I have to "hang out" a little longer, take things as they are in this moment, and know that it's not forever.  I am a Taurus, but I have a fire grand trine, and patience is NOT my strong suit.

This message is reinforced by the Wheel of Fortune showing up as the Lesson card.  Things never stay the same, and just because I am here now, kinda stuck in an uncomfortable position at best, painful even at times, does not mean I am going to stay there.

These cards are in juxtaposition, the Hanged Man lacking in color and any element at all, simply being the person in stasis.  The Wheel is colorful, and bright, and all the elements are represented, showing definite movement and probably for them better.







These  cards are from the Hezicos Tarot by Mary Griffin.

No comments:

Post a Comment