Monday, March 29, 2010

Full Moon Spread - March 2010





Tonight, I am using the Full Moon Spread described in this post.

Relationships - What you need to know about developing your potential in relationship to others. The truth of your relationships, be they lover/coworker/family/friend.  Ace of Cups - What I see is a mother, with her child still in the womb.  As physically uncomfortable as that may be, that is the easy part of being a parent.  Now that they are out in the world you can't just put 'em back, even though that would at times be preferable.  Separation starts from the moment of birth, and while a good parent works themselves out of a job by raising children that can be independent from them, it can definitely feel like having your heart walk around outside your body to watch a child leave.  This card reminds me who are the most important people in my life and how I can love them better.

The Power of Choice- What decision needs to be made now to fully express your potential? What will free your creativity?  The Hanged Man- I am going to stay here for as long as I need to, and for as long as I decide to.  I am not being ordered to enjoy this time of suspension, but I have to go through it.  My choice, my control, comes in deciding how long it is going to take me to get this lesson so I can move on.  This is the third time I have received the Hanged Man in personal readings in four days, which is significant.  Surrender is hard for me, but learning to when I need to is an important lesson.  When I can just give in to the flow, to God, instead of insisting that I know best, I know what is right, then I will be free.  As contradictory as that sounds.



Manifesting Goals- What action do you need to take on the physical plan to reinforce your magical (or tarot) workings?  What can you do in the mundane world to support your spirit's desire?  Three of Cups - A repeat of an earlier card, my Lesson card for the day, in fact.  Earlier, I saw it as myself, standing in a pool of grace, with more and more being poured out over me.  Now I see it as me, releasing the energies I have built up around me, so that I can act as a conduit to the ideas and thoughts that come to me.  Holding them inside because I am afraid I will never get more is not the answer.  Letting it all flow, free and easy as gurgling mountain stream, is the answer, or part of it at least.



Creativity- The Mother has given you talents, abilities and gifts.  What must you do to fully express them?  If you don't like this card, it is because the card shows blocks that you need to address before you can realize your full creative gifts.  Three of Pentacles - I find the title of this card, Integrated Work, particularly apt.  I think there are times when I want to skate by, because I am talented and do have a gift for what I do.  That, however, is not enough.  The gift is not honed by sitting on the sofa watching endless reruns of Bad Girls Club.  The work has to be done.  Julia Cameron says we are responsible for the quantity of our creative work, while letting God be responsible for the quality.  I can't expect to write a heartbreaking work of staggering genius if I am not writing anything at all, now can I?

Protection- Shows you where to establish personal boundaries so you do not give your personal power away.  What do you need to protect? The Magician- Somewhere along the way, I got the idea that I have chosen to be a writer, and a tarot reader, as a profession, because I am basically lazy.  Now, anyone who does either of those two things on any level will see that as a ridiculous idea, and I would never accuse any other writer of being lazy.  In some ways, I need to protect myself from me, from those niggling little worries that grow into big ones, and to acknowledge that I have the right to be who I truly am.  I need to see my creative time as sacred, as important as breakfast or breathing.

Psychic Gifts- How can you best develop your intuition?  If position 6 is a Court Card, it suggests the appearance of a teacher, guide or mentor.  The Green Man (Emperor) - I do better with cards that portray this card as such, less menacing father authoritarian figure and more kind but firm father.  And I do associate this card with "father", which probably explains a lot of my disconnect with it.  I never knew mine, and although I did not think I felt a lack of it as a child, since I had a grandfather who loved me beyond all reason, I am not sure that one can trust a masculine God figure when one has never had a warm and trusting relationship with a father.  This card is saying two things to me, the first of which is that God loves me and that what I hear from my intuition is His gift to me, my birthright.  Trust is an essential piece of the pie, though, and I have to learn how to do it.  The second thing I feel coming from this card is that those sparks of intuition will become more and more frequent as I reconnect to nature.  The beauty of the world that God has made is such a vital piece of who I am, and living in a large city it can be so easy to shut oneself off from it.  Especially when there is a Bad Girls Club marathon.

Blessings and Spiritual Direction- The Mother wants you to celebrate the joy of being alive.  What do you have to be thankful for? How can you best express the Goddess in you?  Two of Cups- It's not many, not by some peoples' standards, but there are people who truly, truly love me, who I truly love right back.  This is an amazing blessing, and unlike writing, this is a case where quality trumps quantity.

The shadow card, the hidden knowledge of this spread, is the High Priestess.  She likes to remind me that I know what I know, and that I do not have to bring it all into the open for all the world to see, but I had better acknowledge it.  She allows me to keep my little secrets, and offers warm protection, but she demands absolute honesty from me, and that can be a scary thing, to be stripped of pretensions.

I notice that all my cards are in the low end of the number scale, even the Hanged Man, reducing to a 3 (12= 1+2), so that tells me that on this full moon I am at the beginning of something pretty exciting.  I was not especially thinking I would be getting a reading that cut so close and minced no words like this one has, but I am grateful for it.  I also think this was a wonderful deck for this reading, and I am so pleased with the way the cards read for me tonight.  Like Terry Brooks said, "Sometimes the magic works."





These cards are from the Tarot of Transformation by Willow Arlenea and Jasmin Lee Cori.

2 comments:

  1. Hello. Nice to meet you.

    I saw your blog.
    Your tarot images are very high resolution!!

    I love Illustration of Tarot.
    And, I am looking for the person who scans the tarot card images.
    Please look at my site by all means. :)

    http://hinoto2007.multiply.com/
    http://www.facebook.com/hinoe.hinoto

    Do you have a scanner?
    If you scan tarot, Please give me a reply?

    I look forward to hearing from you.
    hinoto

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Hinoto!

    Thank you for stopping by my blog. I am not sure what you are looking for as far as pictures go, but it is against most copyright laws to share images. I ask for permission before I use the few cards I draw and work with, and most publishers won't allow a full deck to be scanned and shared, for copyright reasons, which I understand and agree with.

    I scan the cards I use on my blog, but I will not scan the full deck of any cards, or share them with other people. I hope you understand.

    Brightest blessings!

    ReplyDelete