Monday, March 29, 2010

Daily Draw - King of Cups

This week I am working with The Tarot of Transformation by Willow Arlenea and Jasmin Lee Cori.  It is such a beautifully colored deck, and it is slightly non traditional.

I am crazy about the title of this card.  Master of Cups would correlate to the King of Cups in a traditional tarot deck, and how beautiful is the idea of "Abiding In Love"?  This lovely figure seems to me to be wholly in this world, grounded in her crystal cavern, but not of it.

This card would traditionally be portrayed as a male figure, but how sweet is the female pictured?  For her to show as my Issue card for the day, I feel she is demonstrating a lack in my life at this moment.

I am reminded of a quote by Eric Fromm - "Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence."

If I could abide in love, as the card urges, all the days of my life, many of my problems could be eliminated.

My Lesson card for the day is the Three of Cups, again a gorgeous rendition of the card.  The angel is pouring grace out, and there is no end in sight.  There will be no Oliver Twist, "Please sir, I want some more." moments here.  There is plenty of love and abundance to go around.  By accepting that, and learning to walk in faith, I can more fully live in love and joy.





These cards are from The Tarot of Transformation by Willow Arleana.

5 comments:

  1. Neato! I have this deck and I have not seen it used on-line. It's by a local woman (in Boulder).

    The illustrations are really unique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Local for me or local for you? Or both? Boulder is a great city.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laugh--oh I thought it said you were in Denver? Yeah, I'm in Loveland. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh fun! I grew up just outside Greeley. I am in Denver now though. I THOUGHT your snow looked familiar last week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's right. I remember looking at your blog a long time ago and seeing you were in Denver. I lived in Denver until 2003.

    ReplyDelete