Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Daily Draw - The Tower

Crap.  One day I am going to learn to stop messing around with these cards.  It's all fun and games until you draw The Tower, right?

So, this week, in addition to working with the Hezicos Tarot for the first time, I have decided to pull my cards at night and label them "Issue" and "Lesson".

Still, no one likes to see The Tower.  Hmm, let's see,, how can I relate this to my day?  It has been fairly quiet around here, it's snowing now, and I mostly stayed home and rested (not lazily, the cards told me to!)

One of the things I thought about in my rest was how to change my life, and one of the things I am thinking about doing would be a complete shake up kind of situation.  I hate change.  Especially this kind of shake up.  I know it is necessary at times, and that it clears the air for real growth and change, but it does not have to be fun while it happens.

The Lesson - Six of Swords.  This is another card that I see as moving from one place to another, but not necessarily happily.  So, my issue of the day is dealing with the change that has to happen, even though it is so drastic, but knowing I can take comfort in the idea that I am moving towards safety.





These cards are from the Hezicos Tarot by Mary Griffin.

4 comments:

  1. I really liked your interpretations of these two cards Amanda.

    The Tower could almost been seen as a catharsis - depending on the changes you are making and the lesson of the 6 swords, well, I noticed that the sail has the swords on it so they are going with her to her new destination. Maybe the lesson could be that one has to confront and understand why they have thought/felt etc. they way they have about certain things that they want to change. Because if they don't reconcile those thoughts, they just take them with them to the new destination, only to appear all over again.

    Make any sense?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully it's nothing too painful. I've had the Tower mean something quite shocking and painful and literal: my daughter seizures. Thank goodness she hasn't had one in almost 3 months, but I'm always on edge.

    I hope you have a good day today (I know this was from Tuesday.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So it dawned on me late last night that perhaps it is not okay to leave my three readers in suspense after drawing the Tower... dun-dun-DUN!

    Helen, that makes perfect sense, actually! Wherever you go, there you are, unless, of course, you change what you are thinking.

    And thanks again for checking up on me!

    Celeste - how awful on one hand, but on the other, at least you have a little notice, if that can help at all with seizures. That is a literal Tower moment. Hugs for you and your munchkin!

    ReplyDelete