Sunday, May 3, 2009

PDR - Soul Card


Tonight, I attended my first Tarot Geeks Meet Up, which was terribly fun. We did the exercises from Tarot For Yourself by Mary K. Greer to figure out personal cards. To figure out the Soul Card, you simply add the days of your birth date together, then reduce them by re adding them until the number is between one and nine. Mine becomes seven, which, as we all know, corresponds to The Chariot.

Some time ago, when I first worked through Tarot For Yourself, I had a very detailed meditation and conversation with the Charioteer in the RWS deck. He told me things like how he could teach me both how to control myself, and how to relinquish control when necessary, because they are two sides of the same coin. It was all very exciting and new for me, and that experience remains a favorite memory because I did not know before then that I had that power. It was heady!

This Chariot is a little difference. He has no steeds to control, no unruly vehicle to force down the path of his choosing. This Chariot is literally his own master, and has to control himself to get to where he wants and needs to go. His confidence and motivation are the driving and determining factors about where he will end up. Not surprisingly, my confidence and determination, and the mastery of the separate parts of myself, are the keys to my success, and I know that. The Chariot is such an interesting card, because it is so often shown as being at rest, but the card should really be all about motion, moving forward, careening even, through time and space, on a collision course with destiny.

"Victory through mastery" is an oft repeated affirmation for this card, and that makes perfect sense to me.





This card is from the Deviant Moon Tarot by Patrick Valenza for US Games.

No comments:

Post a Comment