Thursday, August 25, 2011

Daily Draw - King of Cups, Four of Wands, The Hanged Man

These cards are probably a little bit describing what The Man goes through to be with me sometimes.  I am loving and sweet to him, and he sure is the center of my world, but I am well aware I can be a trial at times.

I very much want to go on our trip today, but my anxiety absolutely flares around traveling.  I have overwhelming emotions, which we can see in the King of Cups rising waters.  I am worried about my Little Big Man whose care plans had to change last minute and the dog who hates being separated from us and we can't find one of the cats who was naughty and slipped outside and I hate flying and I am nervous to meet new people and I have not even packed yet and my hair is a mess and I feel guilty spending family resources on something that is essentially just for me and really I could go on and on...  He really can't do anything right for me just now, either.  The Four of Wands shows him lecturing me about going to the doctor for my stomach issues, where I am half scared for what they could tell me and half pretty sure I wouldn't do anything they advised anyway because I do not like the way western medicine  treats symptoms and not systems.  The card also shows me not listening, which is probably frustrating him.  The Hanged Man shows the impasse we are at, how he just has to suffer through this and so do I.  The Latin on the Hanged Man reads, "Many plots against a good man."  Poor honey!

The obvious answer is for me to just calm down, suck it up, trust that everything is going to work out the way it is supposed to, and stop torturing him and myself with my anxieties.  If only life were that simple...

If I manage to do all that, I will be in San Francisco for the next four days, attending the Bay Area Tarot Symposium.  All the weekend posts have been written and scheduled, but are not in real time.  They are (I hope, and you'll understand once you see this sorry set of cards), a discussion around cards rather than a true daily draw.  I'll check in when I can  and everyone enjoy your weekends, whether you make it to BATS or hang out at home or something in between!

Update:  As I remember from this week's Tea Leaf Fortune Reading there was a Misunderstanding, Great Passion, and Someone Behaving Stupidly.  I may not have to wait all week to see who that someone might be.  I looked in the mirror, and the only turkey I saw was me.  *gobble gobble*





These cards are from the Tarot of Durer published by Lo Scarabeo.

3 comments:

  1. Have a great trip! <3

    I don't blame you for not trusting Western medicine. I've had stomach issues for a few years now, that grew worse over the past year, but I still haven't seen anyone. I have no insurance, and also, when I had a different thing worry me a couple of months ago, I immediately decided against seeing someone. With my animals, I want to see someone right away, but for myself... even though it's always better to know what you're dealing with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Manda!

    First of all, I'm so happy you are going to BATS! Let us know how it goes! I love all kinds of tarot meetings! <3

    I have to say I really like the depiction of the King of Cups in this deck that you were using. He also looks like someone who is in 'denial' of how powerful his emotions can be over him. He like to think "nah, my emotions don't affect me!", when they are actually about to drown him!

    Not that this is the case of your man, but I have met thousand of Kings of Cups just like that! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Angela! I think we are going to. I am in total agreement, kid or animal gets sick and I am rushing to get care. Me, I'm like, meh. I'll get over it. The no insurance thing is a bear to deal with. :(

    Marina, I will definitely let you know how it goes! I love tarot conferences too; finding your people, ya know? I think we must have missed each other at Readers Studio, as I had a sick kiddo last year and a misbehaving one this year. He is doing much better, though, so we get to go!

    I like the depiction of this King Of Cups, too, and yes, that is the case with my man, too. He'll buy me anything, he will physically DO anything to make me happy, but he just doesn't know what to do with all those emotions, mine or his :-)

    ReplyDelete