Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Daily Draw - Six of Wands, Page of Swords, Ten of Swords (Reversed)



I do not read reversals, because I look for the placement of the card, the relationship between the cards, and the elemental dignity, as well as my own intuition to tell me what part of the spectrum to read the card.  I shuffle in a way to specifically not have reversed cards, and this Ten of Swords did not in fact come out reversed.  I am sure of it, because I am getting familiar with the image this week, and I would have noticed an flipped it over.  But the fact is when I got up and left the reading for a bit, and then came back, the card was upside down.  Very curious, because I was the only one here at the time, and I seriously doubt the cats managed to flip it over so perfectly.  That to me is a pretty clear sign this card is wanting to be read reversed.

Okay.

My oldest son tends to be the Page of Swords in my personal readings, and these cards show the precarious balance of the current path he is on.  He is smart, and quick, and witty, and he certainly can become the fire bird and rebirth himself into glory, as we see in the Six of Wands.  He could also fall into the despair and ruin of the Ten of Swords.  It is reversed because it is not a done deal, and even if he goes against everything everyone is hoping and planning and striving for, he can still pick himself up and try again.  It is never easy, but every moment is another chance to turn it all around, for him, for me, for you, for everyone.

I suspect something about him feels he has to keep going, keep pushing, as hard as he can, whetting the sword over and over, until he hits that plain of destruction.  If I did read reversals, though, I would read the Ten of Swords reversed as infinitely less impactful than its' upright counterpart.  He thinks he is destroying his world, whether that is what he truly wants or whether he just wants to show us all how badass he is, but really he is just mucking it up, and muck is like fake blood- it's messy, and it stains, but no permanent injuries are caused by it.

The shadow card, which I usually look at but do not always include in my posts, is the Tower.  There is a lot of fire and air, feeding each other, stoking each other, surrounding this kid right now, and if he does not make the changes the other cards point to, they are going to be made for him, with no choice of his own about how that looks.  That too will cleanse and refresh, like a good old fashioned thunderstorm, but it won't  be easy or painless.

(I apologize to my son, who would not be caught dead reading his mama's hoodoo blog, for airing some of his dirty laundry, but much like his actual laundry, I have to deal with it, too, and I think we all remember how smart we were at 16, how much we knew everything, how dumb our parents were, how sweet that stolen moonlight could feel on our sneaky faces, how profound we were, how untouchable.  I adore him, I love him to pieces, and I know who he is, who he was, and who I hope he will be.)





These cards are from Twilight Realm: A Tarot of Faery by Beth Wilder for Schiffer Books.

3 comments:

  1. Ah, the delights and dangers of being 16! He's lucky to have such a loving and insightful mum, and hopefully will appreciate that one day (but probably not today) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be willing to bet money he doesn't feel so lucky, but I think one day he will, too. Sooner or later...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Finally Got Helped !! I'm so excited right now, I just have to share my testimony on this Forum.. The feeling of being loved takes away so much burden from our shoulders. I had all this but I made a big mistake when I cheated on my wife with another woman and my wife left me for over 4 months after she found out.. I was lonely, sad and devastated. Luckily I was directed to a very powerful spell caster Dr Emu who helped me cast a spell of reconciliation on our Relationship and he brought back my wife and now she loves me far more than ever.. I'm so happy with life now. Thank you so much Dr Emu, kindly Contact Dr Emu Today and get any kind of help you want.. Via Email emutemple@gmail.com or Call/WhatsApp cell number +2347012841542 Website (https://emutemple.wordpress.com/)

    ReplyDelete