Thursday, August 11, 2011

Gods and Titans Speak Out


Gods, you see, are not as close lipped as goddesses.  no pussy footing around with these fellows.  So I asked a direct question and I got a direct answer.  Most refreshing.

What do I need to do in order to succeed?

Vishnu- Balance, Hypnos- Sleep, Jade Emperor- Organization

I need balance in my life, and I know that.  I need both balance in managing the day to day details, and I need to recognize that gray is a far more common shading than black or white.  Vishnu is the Preserver, and so preservation and balance are intricately linked in this card.  He is also the lover of Lakshmi, goddess of prosperity, so they are closely attuned as well.

Hypnos, born of Nix, brother of Thanatos, grants a sweeter and shorter respite than his brother, when we are lucky.  I often stay up late, seeking to extend the time I get to spend with my husband, reading late into the evening and well into the morning, usually, and when I do sleep I have nightmares as often as not, really vivid ones, really disturbing ones.  Balance will likely lead to better sleep, which is the basis for all really good days.

And then the Jade Emperor urges me to clean up and get organized.  I have been writing with a vengeance for the past several days, which is good, but I have been doing so at the kitchen table or on my bed because my desk is covered with papers and kid stuff.  I don't need cards to tell me that cleaning it up will give me peace of mind.

This is sage advice, straight forward and simple, but like most simple things, maybe not very easy to implement.  But we do what we can, when we can, and that is how it goes.




These cards are from the Gods and Titans set by Stacy DeMarco and James Manton, who you can visit here.

4 comments:

  1. I am really glad to see you using this deck, Manda. It's one I have had my eye on for some time. And I love how you asked a question and the 'gods' gave you a simple and constructive answer. I hope to see more of this deck. It's so different to what else is about on the market.

    PL

    ReplyDelete
  2. It IS different, isn't it? I like the infusion of man energy this deck is bringing, as a nice foil to the very feminine oriented decks that abound.

    Have you seen Le Fanu's review?

    http://mycuriouscabinet.wordpress.com/2011/08/05/gods-and-titans/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I saw it the other day. It really is nice to have something a bit more masculine to balance out whats there. I think I'd be more inclined to like the feminine decks if there was more masculine ones out there to even things out a bit more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Finally Got Helped !! I'm so excited right now, I just have to share my testimony on this Forum.. The feeling of being loved takes away so much burden from our shoulders. I had all this but I made a big mistake when I cheated on my wife with another woman and my wife left me for over 4 months after she found out.. I was lonely, sad and devastated. Luckily I was directed to a very powerful spell caster Dr Emu who helped me cast a spell of reconciliation on our Relationship and he brought back my wife and now she loves me far more than ever.. I'm so happy with life now. Thank you so much Dr Emu, kindly Contact Dr Emu Today and get any kind of help you want.. Via Email emutemple@gmail.com or Call/WhatsApp cell number +2347012841542 Website (https://emutemple.wordpress.com/)

    ReplyDelete