Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Tea Leaf Tuesday - August 9, 2011

I am going to be honest with you all again.  I stopped doing my Tea Leaf Fortune Card readings because I did not like the readings I was getting.  They were, for lack of a better word, icky.  Now this could be because my life in general was kinda icky then, or it could be that I was getting legitimate warnings, but I don't like feeling icky and generally go to great lengths to avoid it, and not using the Tea Leaf Fortune Cards was an easy way to do so.  I realize this is nonsensical in many ways, because forewarned is forearmed, but I never claimed to be the most completely logical being on the planet.  I mean, I'm a tarot reader.  I write fantasy fiction.  You had to know what you were getting into by reading this blog, right?



This weeks cards, though, are some cards I can get down with.  Honor and respect!  Excitement!  A dark haired woman!  Risk!  Happiness!  Reward!  And... a new job or a raise!  The neutral cards, Dark Woman and Tiger, are all surrounded by lovely cards, with promises of great things.

My prediction is that the job I have been interviewing for will start this week, depsite my difficulties with one of the interviewers, who may be the dark haired woman.  This is a great job situation for me as it will bring in steady, dependable income while allowing me to pursue tarot and writing, school, and of course allowing me to keep my schedule flexible, which is the most important thing to me in a job, because my family ALWAYS comes first.  It's a job doing what I love, and while I would absolutely do it for free, these kidtauplets do not buy their own food and school clothes, ya know?

We'll have to come back next week and see how accurate these cards were for me.  Cross your fingers and send me lots of good energy, please!

Update August 16, 2011:  Well, no progress on the job front, at least not the one I was hoping for, which probably means nothing good in that regard, but I was offered a waitressing job, which I do not want, however.  Not to look a gift job in the mouth, but I am too old and decrepit for waiting tables now haha.  There was lots of excitement, with the boys and their Magic: The Gathering tournament, and  the antics of The Floppy Haired One.  I am totally, utterly happy with life right now, even though it is not all perfect, and The Man gave me a sweet surprise in telling me one particularly low feeling day EVERY good thing he could think of about me, and it was a long list, bless his pure, sweet heart, which was honor and respect, as well as recognition.  Accurate, I would say, though not necessarily in all the ways I would have hoped for.  That's okay though.  I'll take what I can get.






The Tea Leaf Fortune cards by Rae Hepburn are currently out of print, but there are rumors they will be reprinted by U.S. Games Systems, Inc. in the near future.

5 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! It makes me happy just looking at this glut of gorgeous cards. I really need to get this deck one of these days. Not now, though.

    HUGS and BEST of luck,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers duly crossed :) Good luck!
    C

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, MM, you don't want the pain of tracking these down right now. Just wait until they are reprinted. I was lucky and found mine at a used book store. They are pretty cards, huh?

    Thank you both for the well wishes! I will update soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Manda,

    Well as it so happens (thanks to mercury retrograde, perhaps?) I found a copy on Amazon for $35 and I'm awaiting their arrival!

    I'm really excited and will post with them when I receive them.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! That is GREAT news! I am excited for you!

    ReplyDelete