Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Monday Majors: My Lens for the Week- The Moon (Surprise, Surprise)

Llewellyn Tarot- The Moon
Today, the Major Arcana I have pulled is The Moon.  On Monday.  Again.

There is no surprise for me in seeing this card, and I particularly love this rendition, the owl gliding on silent wings, the reflection of The Moon on the still of the water.

Reflection is what I am thinking of most as I write this, because The Moon reflects back the light of The Sun, and we ourselves so often act as mirrors to others, reflecting back what we like and dislike about ourselves.  What we admire in others we wish for in ourselves, and what we dislike we usually find repugnant in ourselves, and fear finding, then facing it.

Fear of facing our Shadow selves can cause us to do some crazy things!

It can also cause us to call some crazy names.  All because we don't want to seem crazy.

Since we act as mirrors to other people, you can be sure that thieves are always worried about being stolen from, liars worry about being lied to, and stalkers worry who is watching them.  If someone is trying to set you up, you can know they are watching for you to do the same, so if accusations come out of left field, make sure you examine very carefully what you think to know be true about the other person, and where you may be giving them the benefit of the doubt to your detriment.

On the other hand, when you have negative thoughts about others, it is important to evaluate whether those thoughts are well founded, based in fact, or if you are projecting your Shadow onto them.

"We know that the wildest and most moving dramas are played not in the theatre but in the hearts of ordinary men and women who pass by without exciting attention, and who betray to the world nothing of the conflicts that rage within them except possibly by a nervous breakdown. What is so difficult for the layman to grasp is the fact that in most cases the patients themselves have no suspicion whatever of the internecine war raging in their unconscious. If we remember that there are many people who understand nothing at all about themselves, we shall be less surprised at the realization that there are also people who are utterly unaware of their actual conflicts." ~Carl Jung




This Moon is lovingly trimmed and from The Llewellyn Tarot by Anna-Marie Ferguson, published by Llewellyn.

4 comments:

  1. I don't quite agree with the suspicious ones being the type who would do what they're afraid of someone doing to them - I became paranoid after experiencing things.

    The Moon card always means depression to me, and confusion. I know that when I'm depressed, I feel like my brain needs to be scrubbed clean - I can sit under the shower until the water runs cold, and it helps a bit, but my brain literally feels different when I feel better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh if what I say does not resonate with you, then don't listen to it. You are absolutely right, my current experiences are coloring my world, just as yours are coloring yours.

      I am so sorry for your painful experiences that make it hard to trust in the here and now.

      The Moon is not depression for me, that tends to be Nine of Swords, Ten of Wands, so we are going to have different reactions to the card. It can be confusion to me, though, so I definitely relate to that aspect.

      I know exactly what you mean about the brain scrubbing thing, even if it is hard to put into words. It sounds like you have found one way that helps, even some, but sometimes that even some help is enough to get us through. I know when my anxiety is running high because of the way I think. Even though we recognize it doesn't mean we can always change it as quickly as we would like, though?

      Delete
  2. I can also see how this card represents what you've been dealing with in another.

    I need to get out my decks and use them. The Llewellyn (I spelled it correctly! ;) that used to be a difficult one for me) had at least one bent card, and they also got wet when my dog accidentally spilled water over them. I got them almost three years ago, when I was at the beginning of what felt like a breakdown, so I've barely touched them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your guy blessed them! I like worn in decks. Maybe the deck will speak to you now that you are in a better place, or since you got them at that particular time maybe they will help you understand it better.

      Delete