Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Daily Draw - Page of Cups, Justice, Four of Wands



Well, today I have managed to draw my cards in the morning, rather than the evening, which is fortunate because I work this evening, grudgingly.

I do not feel as icked out by the Page today as I did yesterday, and since we are stuck together for two days in a row, I suppose this is a good thing. The resemblance of this draw to yesterday's is striking though. Both led off with the Page of Cups, both with a rather somber Major in the middle, and both capped off at the end with a card that me represents love, stability, and every good thing in life.

Justice always leaves me with a little cold feeling in the pit of my stomach, though it is associated with my ascending sign, Libra, and the ascendant in astrology being the mask one wears to the world. Justice, to me, smacks of getting what one deserves, and I suppose that I feel I deserve only not so good things, so I am not usually thrilled to see it.

The Four of Wands is one of my favorite cards in this deck. The couple is clasping hands in front of their humble abode. They are making a vow, a promise, binding themselves, one to another. Fours indicate stability, and Wands concern passion, spirit. My particular make up requires that I have a lot of stability in my life, so it is always good to see this card.

For today, it seems I can expect a message about love, that should be greeted with a cool, calm rationale. Making my reaction balanced and logical will actually give the message the space and air it needs to root itself firmly and blossom into a stabilizing vine. Because the middle card is a Major, I feel that my reaction to the message is the key component in how the situation will play out, so I will have to remember to keep my fire grand trine under control and let my cool, Libra mask show to the world today.

Which, truly, does not make a lot of sense to me right now, but I am sure by the end of the day, it will!

If I was reading these cards for someone else, I would probably feel a strong indication of a marriage proposal, as the Page is the herald of all things love, and the Justice figure looks very much like he is presiding over a marriage ceremony for the couple in the Four of Wands. However, no one wants to marry me, to the best of my knowledge, and that is really just as well, since I do not want to marry anyone, either. *grin*

Oh yes, the base card, what I consider hidden knowledge, or something the Querent (who is me in this case) does not really want to face, is the King of Swords, Libra again. The King of Swords is the court card that most resembles Justice, so it is affirming to see it here again. He balances both sides of an issue before coming to a conclusion, applying keen intelligence and good advice, and that is going to be an important energy for me today.


Update:  Well, today did not turn out exactly the way I expected.  My message of love turned out to be a bit, err, corrupt, with the offer of an artistic partnership that would most decidedly not be in my best interests.  Fun, yes, but good for me, no.  I am a little too into this guy who has a little bit too little to offer, and I tend to lose myself in that kind of romance too easily.  I got excellent advice from a friend, and I have decided that although it would be fun to take him up, it would not be stable, which is, above all, my most important priority.  *sigh*  Why does it seem like love doesn't always love us?






These images are from Deviant Moon tarot by Patrick Valenza for US Games Systems, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment