Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Daily Draw- King of Cups, Five of Swords, The Hermit

"There are three methods to gaining wisdom. The first is reflection, which is the highest. The second is limitation, which is the easiest. The third is experience, which is the bitterest." ~Confucius

I have the very distinct and slightly uncomfortable feeling that, like it or not, I am about to get a lesson all three ways today, or in the near future.

Mystic Dreamer Tarot- King of Cups, Five of Swords, The Hermit
There are some decks in which the King of Cups looks terribly put upon, almost sighing in resignation, and this is one of them to me.  His scepter is draped casually at his knee and he is more interested in his drink than the rest of the reading.

In the Five of Swords, two figures walk away from the third.  They don't look defeated to me.  They look like they have just decided that bitch and her trifling ways just aren't worth their time so they are on to bigger and better things.  The woman with the Swords may feel she has won but victory is always in the eye of the beholder.  The other two may very well feel victorious in being rid of her and her poisonous energy, and count any price paid a bargain.

The Hermit is the wise old man who who is looking over the whole reading.  If there is anything of value here, he will find it, and alchemically turn this nasty bit into gold.  Such is his power.  He is also representative of Saturn, on whom I have nine(!) aspects hinging on in my chart, so I know there is a lesson for me here about turning limitations into opportunities.
Mystic Dreamer Tarot- Two of Wands

The Shadow Card of this reading is the Two of Wands.  He is so much like a wanna-be Magician in this rendition.  All in all, I am getting the distinct impression someone would like to put one over on me.  I do not think they will be successful, because I appear often as The Magician in my own readings, not this weaker looking version.  They are welcome to try, though.  I am as disengaged as the King of Cups, as willing to walk away as the girls in the Five of Swords, and use every experience as a learning one like The Hermit.

From Wisdom of the House of Night Oracle I drew Vision (Aphrodite).  Before I look to the book, I instantly relate The Moon in this card to all The Moons in the Mystic Dreamer Tarot, which often signifies mystery and what can't be known, so I know this card resonates with this reading.  As soon I read this card represents Aphrodite, who in her Venusian guise rules over a big chunk of my astrological chart, and who is the goddess of love, I know that no matter what else may happen, the answer to all of my problems is love- love of self, love of my family, even love for those who would hurt me.  That is their darkness spilling over.  I don't have to let people continue to hurt me, and won't, but they can't make me hate them, either.  At best, they can earn my aloof disdain, as so strongly displayed in these cards.
Wisdom of the House of Night Oracle- Vision

The book reads, "When you choose this symbol, it means that no matter what you lose in your life, something better will replace it." And continues, "To know the future is to be prepared." So I guess all I have to say in return is, "Bring it." No one has the ability to bring me down but me.




These cards are from Mystic Dreamer Tarot by Heidi Darras and Barbara Moore, published by Llewellyn, and Wisdom of the House of Night Oracle by P.C. Cast and Colette Baron Reid, published by Potter Style.

No comments:

Post a Comment