Monday, November 12, 2012

Monday Major Arcana: My Lens For the Week- Solar Deity

Usually when I am choosing a Major Arcana card, I shuffle, and just flip through until I come across one.  Today, the Solar Deity card, correlating to The Sun, was right there on top, ready to talk, and I am ready to listen.

Usually, a deck gets a week at a time o my blog, and that works out well for both of us,me and deck, but i had some setbacks last week so I don't think this deck got the time it deserved.  We'll see about remedying that now.

Sirian Starseed Tarot- Solar Deity (The Sun)
The first thing I think is that this card is reminder to be positive.  I have a lot of pain, I have a lot of kids with a lot of things to do, and there is a lot of negative energy being thrust our direction from my husband's ex. To be honest, all "ex" relationships have the potential to explode, so just because that is the only one currently on "High" doesn't mean it is the only that could.  I just need to keep a positive attitude about me.  I need to be careful about letting the thing other people say and do steal my happiness, because the truth is love always wins out.

I am not getting better as quickly as I want to be getting better, but I am sure there is a lesson in this, too,and it probably has something to do with not letting my circumstances dictate my happiness.  I am happy because I want to be, because I just am, and because my life is pretty damn good.  The point, though, is life is not always pretty damn good.  There is no control over getting a herniated disc, or any other number of things, and happiness is more than delight in a moment.  It is joy that bubbles up from inside you, and it is unaffected by where you are or what is happening.  I think that is the great misconception in our world, the difference between having fun, enjoying oneself, and true, unflappable happiness.  My injury is not the worst thing someone could face, but if I can stay happy through this, I can stay happy through anything, I am sure of it.

I have to tell you, I am a little naughty, because the imagery of Pegasus has personal, and funny, to me, symbolism.  One of the people who we can neither be rid of nor seem to be able to come to peace with we use a code name for.  I won't tell it here, but Pegasus sprang forth from her neck when she was slain by Perseus.  Obviously, we are not talking about any literal deaths here, but I think this card, being one of the brightest, happiest cards in the deck, is promising that our troubles with this person will be drawing to a close.  Because it such a positive, happy card, I know it will as peaceful as possible, because I believe in a God, who sometimes shows up a Solar Deity, that loves and cares for all of us, me as well as this person, and I really want, and believe, unless there are lessons for us to be learned here, that the Divine also wants this situation resolved without harming anyone.  It is also a card of explosive energy, so I think it will happen in a blast almost, although again, I believe in the best possible way for everyone involved.

The accompanying book describes The Sun as our own personal Star, up close and unable to be ignored.  This resonates with me so deeply, and is an excellent reminder to me that good things are in the works, happy days are here again, and I have much to celebrate, just me myself, Mandy, and as a being on this planet!

What a joyful, lucky card for the week!  I hope your week starts as beautifully!




These cards are from The Sirian Starseed Tarotby Patricia Cori and Alysa Bartha, published by North  Atlantic Books.

No comments:

Post a Comment