Saturday, November 3, 2012

Deck Review- Inspirations for Survivors

Inspirations for Survivors, a 44 card deck by Aunia Khan and Russell J. Moon, published by Schiffer Books, is dedicated:

"To every person who has struggled, fought, and persevered while striving to live their lives."  

That pretty much sounds like everyone to me, and I have found this deck to be beautiful, gentle, and uplifting.  I have used and enjoyed the tarot deck from the same creative team, Silver Era Tarot, for a few years, so when I came across this oracle deck while recovering from my first discectomy, it was a must buy for me.  I am mostly a tarot person, loving the structure and log history of tarot, but I have been on
so many pain meds, as well as in so much pain, that I have been using many more oracle decks lately, because they have just seemed to take it easier on my tender brain.

Inspirations for Survivors Back
The deck comes in a beautiful box with a magnetic closure, and a small booklet which explains each card in detail, along with a full color picture of each card.  The cards are slick and glossy, with a lamination that may resist most damage but also show fingerprints.  I do not riffle shuffle, but the cards would need some breaking in to do so.  They measure in at 2.75 inches by 4.75 inches.  The deck backs do not allow for reversals, but there are no meanings given for reversals, either.  There are no suits, nor real structure to the cards, just lush pictures and carefully chosen words, almost prose, to describe what you are seeing.  The strong but gentle spirits of the creators of this deck come through both in the imagery and the words chosen to accompany the cards.  The art is subtle, with colors used to highlight or accent bits of the art, and nature figures heavily into the chosen imagery.

I have happily used this deck many times, and it has always lifted my spirit and gave me something positive to focus on, even in the darkest of moods.  I think it would suit people who like to use oracles for inspiration, and I think the imagery is gentle and suitable for anyone.  People who are hurting may find comfort in these cards, as that was their intent, and they have provided much for me.  You can see all my posts with this deck here.


Inspirations for Survivors by Aunia Kahn and Russell J. Moon






These cards are from Inspirations for Survivors by Aunia Kahn and Russell J. Moon, published by Schiffer Books.

No comments:

Post a Comment