Thursday, November 15, 2012

Reflections of the Way Life Used To Be

I can be a bit morose at times, and yesterday I came to decision that has been a long time in the coming, but I either decide everything in a split second, as my intuition dictates, or I think on it good and hard and long and thorough.  Even though I am a Taurus I am not actually stubborn; I just appear that way at times because once I make my mind up about something there is no changing it, simply because I have usually give each decision and opinion a lot of thought.

Sirian Starseed Tarot- Reflection (Hermit)
I used The Sirian Starseed Tarot to ask, What can I expect of the decision I finally came to?  And my answer was this card, Reflection, who reflects The Hermit.  Probably because of my mood, I immediately thought, Oh no!  I am going to be all alone in the world!  But I snapped back pretty quickly, remembering two things- First, this deck always reads at the highest possible vibration, so unless there are cards, feelings which equal intuition, some indicator in the imagery (which I have not yet seen), or something else (vague, I know, but I can't really tell you how this tarot thing works.  I can't tell you how my car works, either, but I drive everyday) I read these cards at their lightest end of the spectrum.  I pulled only one card, and I did not look to the bottom of the deck, my Shadow Card, a habit so ingrained that to not do it is surely significant.

Second, my Lens for the week, my Major Arcana I drew on Monday, is Solar Deity, The Sun.  Unless I am otherwise indicated, I am to read with the bright light of that card shining down on all my readings for the week.  The cards couldn't be on further ends of the spectrum in terms of imagery.  Reflection is a a grizzled old man, in the dark of night, and Solar Deity is a mythical Pegasus, but The Sun is also completely in the dark of night.  Just its' light shines so bright it becomes day.  The Hermits' Lamp is not quite so bright, but it is still a very useful tool.  These cards both shed light on a situation.

Sirian Starseed Tarot- Solar Deity
So the card reflects back to me the careful thought I put into my decision.  The Hermit corresponds with Virgo, who does very little without being very sure, so I am reassured that I did as much thinking as necessary, and likely over thought the deal.

I also know, from my own personality quirks, that I am better off working alone, usually, so I don't know why I would have a fear reaction to being alone.

This card also shows me going into a time of greater reflection.  Nines are the end of a cycle, with Tens being the culmination.  One cycle for me is over, and that can be bittersweet, but another is about to begin, so I can know this is for my highest good and I will be best served by this.

I expect to be entering a new period of learning, delving deeper into who I truly am, and inner peace, and those are all things to celebrate, especially with the bright positivity of The Sun casting brilliance all over the situation, and I am grateful, both to the people involved, and to the cards, for offering such unflagging reassurance.



These cards are from The Sirian Starseed Tarot by Patricia Cori and Alysa Bartha, published by North  Atlantic Books.


No comments:

Post a Comment