Thursday, November 29, 2012

Daily Draw- King of Swords, The Tower, Five of Wands

My Daily Draws this week have been big cards, big concepts, and extremely heavy cards.  These ones are, too.  The good news is, I have not seen any of these big things happening in my outside life, so I am thinking they are more internal and that kind of shift.  If they are not, then they are events happening outside my sphere of current awareness and when I know about them I will be able to look back here and relate them to the cards I have been pulling.
Mystic Dreamer Tarot- King of Swords, The Tower, Five of Wands
These cards remind me most of how to get through a crisis situation.  The King of Swords is sublimely cool and unaffected.  He would never let an emotion get in the way of his logic, and the next cards are highly emotionally charged, so his collectedness is a valuable asset.  The Tower is always a card about massive disruption, and sometimes total destruction.  Judging by the card following it, the Five of Wands, which I often think of as inner struggle, this is a more internal process.  I am looking to the King of Swords for advice to stay cool, calm, and emotionally disengaged from potential swirling chaos.

Mystic Dreamer Tarot- Five of Cups
The thing is, my life is calm at the moment and I want it to be.  This is where reading for oneself can be a dangerous prospect.  Not dangerous as in harmful, but if I let it, these chaotic and big cards I am pulling this week could upset my peace of mind, and as of this moment there is no reason for that.  There is no physical evidence of change or upheaval, and my inner processes are all pretty much on an even keel.  I could also be turning a blind eye to something, but I don't think so.  Perhaps the most likely thing is something will come to light. and then I can say, "Ohhhhh!"

The Shadow Card of the reading is the Five of Cups.  I like the brave lift of her chin in this card, as if she is aware that she has lost some things, but she has retained the most important one, which is the two unbroken Cups, which relate to me back to the Two of Cups, sacred contracts and deep, abiding love.  When the Five of Cups appears we have to grieve our losses, but we must also be careful to not let ourselves get lost in them.  That far off castle in the background is her home to go back to whenever she pleases, and that can't be taken away.

Wisdom of the House of Night Oracle- Strength
The card from The Wisdom of the House of Night Oracle I have pulled is Strength, and it does a ot to assuage any fears the lightning struck Tower up there might give me.  The book reads, "Sometimes life will present you with challenges that you think are too difficult to endure." I am pulling these cards separately, from two different decks, so I know that I am getting true readings.  The book goes on, "Does it seem as if nothing goes your way and that everyone else appears to be having a good time?  Drawing this symbol means that, no matter what is happening in your life, you have the strength to endure all experiences.  Like an ancient oak whose trunk cannot be uprooted by the mightiest storm, you will know a strength that comes from within.  You will win this game of life!  You have the strength to face any situation now!" That is most reassuring!  (Although I have to admit to finding this language a bit too happy-happy joy-joy for me, but this deck is based on a book series for young adults and probably suits its' target audience perfectly.  I have not read the books.)

I am not scared of the readings I have been getting, but I am being aware, and that is a huge benefit of reading cards in and of itself- the ability to be aware.



These cards are from Mystic Dreamer Tarot by Heidi Darras and Barbara Moore, published by Llewellyn, and Wisdom of the House of Night Oracle by P.C. Cast and Colette baron-Reid, published by Potter Style.

No comments:

Post a Comment