Monday, November 26, 2012

Monday Majors: My Lens for the Week- The Devil

Mystic Dreamer Tarot- The Devil
The Devil reflects exactly how I feel, so I am in no way surprised to see her today.  I feel bound to people I don't want to be, I feel angry and full of white hot heat that could burn, and those feelings make me feel ashamed and dirty.

There are a number of things and situations I would just set a match to, metaphorically speaking, and watch burn to the ground right now.  Scratch that; I would not even bother to watch.  I would just turn and walk away.

I know, in some ways, my anger is getting the best of me, but the question comes- Is that because I am used to being a good girl who stays quiet and doesn't make waves?  Or is this a righteous anger and I so rarely let myself feel that I am unused to the way it burns?  Time will bear that out, and I am sure some of my posts will, too.

I have had the Mystic Dreamer Tarot since its' release in 2008, and I rather like the images, though this kind of art is not to everyone's tastes.  I wanted something pretty and meaningful and personal and symbolic but wouldn't make me work too hard or stretch too far.  I'm too ragged around my edges for too much serious stretching just now, though I do feel this is a deep deck and worthy of study, use, and my time that goes into those things.





These cards are from Mystic Dreamer Tarot by Heidi Darras and Barbara Moore, published by Llewellyn.

2 comments:

  1. May very well be the "good girl who stays quiet" thing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe. I have my share of total bitch moments (I just generally manage to keep them contained) so we shall see.

      Delete