Monday, November 26, 2012

Daily Draw- King of Swords, Knight of Swords, Ten of Cups

What I have to remember, what matters most, is the way this reading ends- the Ten of Cups, happily ever after, the rainbow happy ending most of us long for, and that I have considered essential to my happiness.  I have that now.
Mystic Dreamer Tarot- King of Swords, Knight of Swords, Ten of Cups
This reading is full of people, with two of the three cards being people or personalities.  I think they are probably both aspects of myself.  The King of Swords is my intellect, and the looming Moon behind him is how my feelings affect that intellect.  I choose words carefully and with great intent, and nothing irritates me more than having my words perverted after I have so carefully chosen them.  I have felt a bit like a warrior lately, and the Knight of Swords reflects that.  I had some words and I let them fly, which is an irony when thinking about how Swords relate to air, and that "words" is Swords without the "s".  I mistype Swords as "words" several times a day.  As I look back at my Major Arcana lens for the week, The Devil, I know that maybe I did not need to say everything I said, but it felt deliciously good to say what I did.  However, I did so in defense of my family, my happy ending, the Ten of Cups that really does mean everything to me.

Mystic Dreamer Tarot- Five of Pentacles
The Shadow Card for this reading is the Five of Pentacles.  I do not want to be left out in the cold, but I own everything I said, and I believe passionately in it.  I don't go around hurting people's feelings just to do so, so if being cast out is a consequence of saying what I had to say, then so be it.  I'll deal with the consequences of those actions like a grown up, because I was not throwing a child's temper tantrum.  I was expressing real concerns and true hurt, and if the person to whom I expressed them does not like that, it is their problem.  I don't feel good about what I said, because I should never have been in the position of having to say so, but I do feel I did the right thing and carry no shame.  I am responsible for what I say, but the reactions of others is their responsibility.

Later on, I have decided that I would like to also use The Wisdom of the House of Night Oracle, and the images of both decks seem compatible.  I have lots of oracle decks, too, and I am trying to decide if I stop collecting them or start using them, because I believe everything in my home should be loved, beautiful, and used.  This deck is based on a book series by P.C. Cast, but I have not read the books, so we will see if that matters as I endeavor to use the deck.

Wisdom of the House of Night Oracle- Listening
The card I drew, "Listening"", is very apt to this situation.  We got to where we are because someone did not listen to what my husband and I were telling them.  The companion manual, by P.C. Cast and Colette Baron Reid, reads, "Drawing this symbol indicates that you are meant to listen to what others are saying with their gestures, rather than their words."  This is a lesson playing out over and over in life, and my kids' lives currently, so I know it is a true reflection of what is happening here.

The inscription on the card reads, "...darkness does not always equate to evil... light does not always bring good."  That is also apt to the situation, as the person who took my tongue lashing today would like to look like "light"and therefore "good".  I think they generally mean to be, too, but this one instance just did not jive with the way I see those things, and I was in a position where I had to say so.

Tomorrow will be a better day.  Nothing ever stays bad for long, not when I have that Ten of Cups to look forward to every day, and this current bit of ugliness shall also pass.



These cards are from Mystic Dreamer Tarot by Heidi Darras and Barbara Moore, published by Llewellyn, and The Wisdom of the House of Night Oracle by P.C. Cast and Colette Baron Reid, published by Potter Style.

No comments:

Post a Comment