Thursday, March 11, 2010

Daily Draw - Queen of Wands, Death

Just be calm.  Just be calm.  I know you are going to wonder how I got that from these two cards.

Again, we go back to my tarot app for my iPhone, which is, incidentally, Beautiful Tarot, which uses reversals where I do not, generally preferring to keep in mind that each card has a range of meaning.  So my card in response to my question- "How can I be most successful at work today?" was the Queen of Wands, reversed.

I do not see myself often as the Queen of Wands, though I am a writer and therefore creative.  I usually see myself as the Queen of Pentacles, Swords, Cups, maybe, but rarely the Queen of Wands.  So I thought of what it means to be a Queen of Wands.  Fire, I thought.  The Queen of Wands tends to intimidate me, often being someone so certain of who they are and where their place is in the world.  But very possibly I can seem that way to others at time, and being a little more gentle, and a little more calm could ease my way at work a little.

At the very least, I know my anxiety keeps me strung petty tight, and that being calm and sedate could only help with that.

Death clarified for me, also reversed, and such a serene and calm image, if not a little melancholy.  It's okay to be sad, it's okay to not love where one is at in life, but all my anxiety, and sometimes rage, does little but burn energy that could be better applied to change, rather than fruitless despair.





These cards are from the Heart Tarot by Maria Distefano for Lo Scarabeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment