Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Some Wisdom from the Hidden Realms

Over the weekend, I drew a couple of cards from the Wisdom from the Hidden Realms oracle deck.  Tarot is undoubtedly my first love,as I crave the structure it gives me while delighting in the freedom of learning to trust my own intuition, but every now and then an oracle deck grabs my attention.  This is one such deck.

As an Ally, I received this card, The Chess Queen.  Without scrying the card at all, or even reading its' entry in the accompanying book, I can tell this card is apt for me.  I tend to think in a logical, linear way, and not to make too many moves without giving them a great deal of thought.

The book is really quite a delight, and in reading it you can never doubt that the author, Collette Baron-Reid, and the spirits she has helped to reveal, are in your corner.

"The Chess Queen has all the tools you need to aid you in your quest for a life of purpose, peace, and prosperity.  When she arrives as your Ally, you're given the task of asking Spirit for a vision of your life."

This could not be more timely for me, as I am aware that some shifts are taking place deep in my psyche.  I want to create a life full of beauty and joy, where my creative spirit rules how I spend my days, how I make my money, and how I love those dear to me.  I am not sure how exactly to change, only that I have to.  Most of it is a giant leap of faith, which is both wildly terrifying to me and wildly exhilarating at the same time.

Which is just as it should be.

The Challenger of this reading is The Altar Priestess.  Almost immediately, I realize that part of why I am having such a hard time with the internal changes that are happening is that I feel a damned near compulsive need to make everything as perfect as it can be, which often keeps me from doing anything at all, because sometimes I am guilty of having the attitude that if it can't be perfect I don't want it.  Which is, of course, a downright rotten attitude dressed up in a lace doily.

The book deals with this card as poor self worth, not recognizing the value you, as a person, have and what you contribute to the world.  Like many, I am my own worst critic and some of the blistering things I say to myself I would slice my own tongue out before I would say to another living person.

"Another message she brings you is this:  never sell yourself short when it comes to your intuition.  You're always led to the highest ground when you follow your inner guidance."

For me, this goes along with the words Trust and Strategizing from the previous card.  It is so hard for me not to see danger everywhere I look, to trust that I am safe and loved and that the Universe has only the best things for me, when I can relax and flow with the Plan, instead of deciding that I must know best and it has to be my way or the highway.

These cards have given me much to think on and journal on for this week, and I feel challenged, and blessed, both.





These cards are from Wisdom from the Hidden Realms by Colette Baron-Reid, illustrated by Jena DellaGrottaglia.

No comments:

Post a Comment