Saturday, August 27, 2011

Daily Draw - Five of Cups, Ace of Swords, Knight of Wands


To me these cards look like the central one, the Ace of Swords, has slain the first card, the Five of Cups, and the Knight of Wands is turned away from the whole mess, in disgust.  Swords are about the thoughts we think and the way we communicate, so while the Ace of Swords is potentially a very positive card, but like all Aces it is mostly potential only, so the use of the raw energy is up to the wielder.  This makes me think of words used unkindly, of feelings hurt because sometimes we speak before we really think, or we place the vaulted notion of truth above the feelings and emotions of other people.  I don't know how many times I have heard variations of the sentiment- "If the truth hurts people, it's not my fault."  Well, actually, if you said something that didn't really need to be said, yes it is.

We should always speak in truth, when we have to speak at all, but not every thought that crosses our minds has to be shared.  These cards are a reminder to me that if it is not edifying, if it can't help but it can hurt, then it does not need to be said.

The kits in the Ace of Swords, looking to their mama, also remind me that children learn what they live, and that I have to walk the walk and talk the talk I expect them to, because words without action are useless.  The Knight of Wands knows this, and that is why he doesn't even acknowledge what is going on in the other cards.  He is saving his energy for endeavors worthy of his time.  He is probably also advice for me, when I confront the Gossip card from my Tea Leaf Fortune card reading this week.





These cards are from the Tarot of Durer published by Lo Scarabeo.

4 comments:

  1. which deck are you using? really love the artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What deck are you using? The artwork is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These cards are from the Tarot of Durer published by Lo Scarabeo.

      You can see all the posts I have made using this deck by clicking on the Tag "Tarot of Durer"at the bottom of the post.

      Here is the full review of the deck- http://78whispers.blogspot.com/2011/08/deck-review-tarot-of-durer.html

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I Finally Got Helped !! I'm so excited right now, I just have to share my testimony on this Forum.. The feeling of being loved takes away so much burden from our shoulders. I had all this but I made a big mistake when I cheated on my wife with another woman and my wife left me for over 4 months after she found out.. I was lonely, sad and devastated. Luckily I was directed to a very powerful spell caster Dr Emu who helped me cast a spell of reconciliation on our Relationship and he brought back my wife and now she loves me far more than ever.. I'm so happy with life now. Thank you so much Dr Emu, kindly Contact Dr Emu Today and get any kind of help you want.. Via Email emutemple@gmail.com or Call/WhatsApp cell number +2347012841542 Website (https://emutemple.wordpress.com/)

    ReplyDelete