Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Daily Draw - Two of Pentacles, Eight of Wands, Six of Pentacles




Uuuuuggggghhh... there are no words for how deeply I despise this Two of Pentacles card.  Enough that had I seen it in the deck before it came home to me, I might have forgone the whole shebang.  It's not really the card's fault, just that I am THAT terrified of snakes.

But, even so, the cards are pretty clear in their message.  Look at all those pencils as Wands!  That is writing, isn't it, and writing fast!  I often see the Two of Pentacles as managing our day to day affairs, and I think my absolute biggest nightmare in this card shows me how overwhelming I find all the day to day details, and how, like if I saw a snake, I just run and hide from them.  (One of my longtime friends posted on facebook about seeing a little snake slither across his floor behind the stove the other day, in his newly moved into house.  I told him to thank his lucky stars he had his wife and not me because I would have insisted on him packing right back up and moving out again.  I would have been at a nice, clean, cool, snake free hotel.  It's THAT bad for me.)  Attending to my life's little details leaves me free to concentrate on my writing, but conversely, worrying about doing them takes up a lot of time and creative energy that should be going into writing.  I think that is the message in the scary Two of Pentacles card for me.

Now the Six of Pentacles, showing up on the right side of the spread, mirrors the Six of Wands from yesterday, but on the other side.  The gentleman is calmer now, not under the frantic need to get through the next obstacle, and in a place where he can strike a deal with confidence and assurance.  The thing about the Six of Pentacles is sometimes you are the giver and sometimes you have to receive graciously.

In a nutshell, this reading says to face my fears, deal with my life, but not drown in the details of my life, write furiously, and then reap the rewards.  I like this reading.





These images are from the Prairie Tarot by Robin Ator, available here.

3 comments:

  1. I'm pretty terrified of snakes, too! Still, as a symbol what I see in this card is the idea that getting the right balance in your life can be transformative :) Hope the writing is going well today!
    Chloë

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure you are right but I had to turn the card upside down and then that was not enough so I had to take it out of the room. I am a little silly sometimes...

    I like the idea though! Writing is going well today, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an interesting Tarot deck, which is it?

    ReplyDelete