Saturday, August 20, 2011

Saturday Showcase- Phoenix Tarot

The Italian Phoenix Tarot, by Paola Angelotti is a deck I have to take in small doses.  The colors are incredibly vibrant, and the line art is simple yet striking.  Something about these cards causes me to have a visceral reaction, almost making me dizzy at times, and causing me to fall straight into the artwork.

The cards are large, 3.25" x 4.75" and printed on a non glossy, fairly stiff stock.  They are labeled in Italian, with the Fool being 22, and the Minor Arcana being pip cards.

This deck is self published and I am not sure where you could find one, but the good folk at Tarot Garden are amazing with finding things we think we unfindable.  They have a knack!




These images are from the second edition of the Phoenix Tarot of Paola Angelotti.

No comments:

Post a Comment